Saturday, June 13, 2009

Henrik Ibsen






Dear Henrik Ibsen,
I love you. You wrote plays that are witty, scandalous, dry, Victorian, Norwegian, dark and let women mess around with the "gender spheres" of their time. Hedda Gabler is my favorite play and I have now performed parts of it, seen Ingrid Bergman play her (and Michael Redgrave was Jorgen!), and seen it live (thanks to the Roundabout Theatre) with Mary Louise Parker-- all = <3's.

I have recently watched Ghosts and I am also loving that ish, boo. Your hair reflected the craziness in your head that it genius. I wanna blow kisses to Norway in your honor. Check that. Just did.

I like that you let the women take control and the powerful men are always evil, that's good.

Just the "cock of the walk" "killing time"..."1000 thanks" sir. (If you don't get these references read Hedda and Ghosts)

I hope to see more productions of your work and guaranteed I'm going to read that beautiful, sexy collection.

All of my love,

Alexis :)




(Ingrid (1963) and Mary Louise (2009) as Hedda)


(Natasha Richardson and Kenneth Branagh in the 1987 BBC Production of Ghosts)

5 comments:

Radiation Cinema! said...

Alexis. Yep, I like Ibsen, too. OK? I like your blog, like your vblogs, and like your sense of humor. Let me give you a tip, if I may: To get comments, you have to give comments. To get "followers" you have to become one. That's the dirty bargain of all blogs. Check out my blog, leave comments, and follow me, dammit! Powerful men are no always evil, just most of the time. -- Mykal

Radiation Cinema! said...

Alexis. Yep, I like Ibsen, too. OK? I like your blog, like your vblogs, and like your sense of humor. Let me give you a tip, if I may: To get comments, you have to give comments. To get "followers" you have to become one. That's the dirty bargain of all blogs. Check out my blog, leave comments, and follow me, dammit! Powerful men are no always evil, just most of the time. -- Mykal

Alexis said...

I'll be sure to check it out! I do follow blogs. Have you seen my Ingrid Bergman blog? I like your sci-fi blog.

Thanks for the suggestions and comment as well as the encouragement!
Alexis

Radiation Cinema! said...

Oops. Sorry for the double post. I have checked out your Bergman blog and like it a great deal. Very nice work (my favorite shot of her is the one you have in your gallery - her with her hair blowing around her face at the seashore - now that's a beautiful smile!

C. RALLS said...

I'm also a big fan of Ibsen! I just found a complete collection of his plays from an awesome used book store here in B-more. :)

I just need to point out how much enjoyment I get from watching that "Bonjour!" animation. Utterly absurd. I need to catch up on your posts... and maybe blog myself for once! there's too much going on right now... aaaahhhh!!!